Friday, August 20, 2010

The Dark

I was on a mission for my mother the other day and had visited one of those fragrance stores; you know the kind that has scented everything from candles that smell like food ingredients to soaps that smell like flowers of which you have never even heard? I had searched, picked and plucked through 432 fragrances to find what I was asked to get and at the check-out counter it caught my eye: The Dark Kiss.

Touted as the new, “dangerously sexy fragrance” the Dark Kiss is “daring and seductive.” It is a “tempting” blend made up of “sensual” ingredients. I seriously looked around for a card-board cut-out of Satan standing there grinning. What is this generation’s fascination with the “dark?”

What happened to the light? What ever happened to brilliant and bright? What happened to protected and safe, lovely and beautiful, joyful and pure?

Outdated you say? NEVER! This generation is inundated with dark images and many drag themselves out from dark circumstances in dark homes to be about their daily lives looking for all those adjectives that go with light. Most of us have had a good dose of danger and I don’t know about you but I’m sick of being tempted and seduced! Who couldn’t use a good dose of light? After all; Joy comes in the morning! You know why? Because that’s when the Son comes up!

Tracey Pike, Director of Community Education

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner