Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Transforming Lives


Transformed is a scripture based, sexual integrity program which equips teens and their parents, attending together, to "be no longer conformed to the patter of this world," but be "transformed by the renewing of their mind" (Romans 12:2).  Participants are challenged to change their thinking from , "How far can I go?" to, "How pure can I be?"  When asked about the influence of Transformed on their future, recent participants stated:

"I will have more respect for women."  Teen male
"It makes me think of how I can change my thinking of things."  Teen male
"I AM beautiful.  I won't fish for compliments or complain about myself."  Teen female
"It makes me realize I do want to wait and I am beautiful.  it will make me dress differently."  Teen female
"It reconfirms my abstinence."  Teen female
"It ensured and encouraged me wanting to wait until marriage."  Teen female
"I came thinking this would be a waste of time--that if teens want to have sex, they'll find a way, but your message to the students is very powerful and now I'm questioning myself."  Adult female
 "Made me realize that I need to speak to my daughters more about relationships now.  I had just figured I would wait until they started to date."  Adult male
"Helped to make me feel comfortable about talking to my teen.  makes me open my eyes to being more of a mentor to the kids' friends who may not have parents to talk to.  Excellent!"  Adult female

For more information about the Transformed program contact Lisa Newton at lisan@pregcarecenter.org

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner