Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New STI Clinic Brings New Clinic Manager

Maria Westbrook has joined the Pregnancy Care Center family as Clinic Manager of the new STI Clinic. Maria has been a volunteer peer counselor at the PCC since 2009 when she, her husband Brett and their four children moved from Kazakhstan where they were serving as missionaries. Maria has a passion for serving others and feels God has truly called her into this position. “When I heard about the PCC-SCI's desire to open up a new center to do STD/STI testing, I thought to myself, ‘What a great way to reach a new segment of the population of Columbus and the surrounding counties.’ The potential for impacting people's lives when they are in a very vulnerable position, facing consequences of their choices and yet, being met with grace and truth was exciting to me and I knew that I would be a part of seeing the vision become a reality, either as a paid staff, or as a volunteer. I believe [God] has called me to this position and I am looking to him to equip me and enable me to carry it out, for his glory.”

As the clinic opens and client needs are met, Maria looks forward not only to the challenge but to fulfilling the mission and vision of the Pregnancy Care Center. “I am looking forward to seeing transformation take place in the hearts and minds of clients we will serve. I look forward to seeing our clients encounter Jesus through our volunteers and coming to understand God's love for them and plan for them. I look forward to seeing our clients make radical changes in their life choices, like choosing abstinence till marriage and choosing to carry their child to term. I look forward to seeing a place stand out in Columbus that deeply cares for the whole person.”

Please join us in welcoming Maria!

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner