Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How a Crib Saved a Life

Recently, a client walked in the door stating she needed a crib and car seat. She was obviously pregnant. As I began looking over her file I noticed we had not seen her since her pregnancy test back in the spring. I also noticed she was abortion minded at that visit so we had performed an ultrasound on her as well.

As I sat down to chat with her I commented how exciting it was to see her carrying the baby after contemplating abortion. She shared that when she walked in the center, she intended to get an abortion that very day. The person who referred her to us told her we did abortions.

Then a smiled lit up her face and she said, “I told the lady I saw that first day that I wanted to abort because I couldn’t financially afford to raise a child. I told her I needed to work and if I was pregnant I would not be able to work. She assured me you, here at the center, would help me get the things I needed for the baby, including a crib and car seat. Because of that, I decided to keep my baby.”

Just last week she came in with her little son and his father. There was joy in their eyes as we talked. It may seem like a little thing to donate money to the Pregnancy Care Center to purchase a crib or car seat…but you never know the difference a physical item like that can make in the life of an unborn child.

Marge Miller

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner