Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Connecting with the Church

I had the honor of interviewing a client yesterday whose testimony will be shared at our fundraising banquets in just a couple of weeks. I can't get that interview out of my head and how God has so beautiful worked through the partnership of the Pregnancy Care Center and a local church to bring hope to this beautiful young woman. While I'd love to tell you her entire story, I'll restrain myself so you can hear it in her words at the banquet!

Here's the glimpse of her story I can't resist sharing; how we were able to connect her to a church. Her peer counselor recommended she go to church and gave her services times to one she thought would be a good fit for her. The client went and she was so lovingly welcomed and embraced. So much so that she's been attending for six months, is involved in a Bible study and is seeking to become a member. She said about her church, "I have such a great support system within the church body. I don't know where I'd be without that."

This is what the Pregnancy Care Center ministry is all about. We were able to love her through an unplanned pregnancy and provide the support, encouragement and truth she needed during that time. But then we were able to pass the ball to the Church and it has truly transformed this woman's life. Praise God!

If you haven't made plans to attend one of the banquets, call today to reserve your seat. You don't want to miss this!

Teresa Russell

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner