Monday, June 8, 2009

Welcome Our New Volunteers

Saturday concluded our week long Summer Volunteer Training Sessions. Seventeen people went through the training from Bartholomew, Brown, Decatur, Jackson and Shelby counties. The 18-hour training enables participants to serve as peer counselors, men's ministry peer counselors, receptionists, phone line volunteers and abortion recovery support group facilitators.
Here are some comments from those in attendance about the training:
  • The training experience was excellent. I have never had a more enjoyable training, nor attended one more professionally done. Thank you.
  • [The training is] totally worth it--I will feel more prepared when I begin the ministry; very thorough.
  • The time really flies by. I would recommend the training if you are even interested at all in this type of ministry.
  • Once I made the effort to here, I didn't spend a moment on regret. I was exponentially blessed! Thank you!
  • For all my years in church I have longed to be taught or learn the "nuts and bolts" of witnessing leading to discipleship on a basic level, not just preaching the gospel. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. God is so faithful to equip a willing vessel. This ministry is truly a work of the love of God.
Please be in prayer for these men and women as they they begin the in-center orientation process and seek God's direction in what area of service to enter.

Above Left: Shirley Sanders, R.N., teaches on Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Above Right: Bartholomew County Center Director, Judy Snow (L) and Shelby County Center Director, Enola Joplin (R) demonstrate for trainees the right and wrong way to communicate with clients via the phone.

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner