Friday, May 30, 2008

Another Woman Finds Healing from Abortion

I took part in the abortion study recently in Shelbyville. I started out in the study thinking that I did not need it and that I had already been forgiven and there was most likely no further blessings there. Well, God in his usual way, used that study to increase my relationship with my 30 year old son--and to show me that my pride and shame had kept me from sharing my abortion and my heart with him in the past. On Mother's Day--I shared with my son about the abortion and it has changed our relationship. We cried together and he shared his heart about some things he had been holding onto. It was a very sweet time that I would not have wanted to miss for anything.

Also another way the study impacted me was in helping me realize the healing power of memorializing those who have gone before us. I work with families in counseling and I find now that I can encourage rituals and memorials as a way of healing and honor in a way that I would not have in the past. Memorializing my unborn child brought the grief cycle full circle and created a reality of the situation for myself and my family. I felt many prayers going up while I was in the study and I just want to say thank you and God Bless You.

DB

No comments:

Enter your email address to receive an email whenever this blog is updated:

Delivered by FeedBurner